Balmoral Road Races Ltd – Privacy Notice
What information do we collect?
Your name and email / address, telephone number, emergency telephone number, date of birth,
gender, any relevant medical information and T shirt size.
How is it collected?
The information is collected when you enter the race of your choice.
Why do we collect it?
Your personal data is gathered in order to send out your race pack, enter you into the right category
of the race, to provide you with your ItaB and photo (s) if ordered, to assist if you receive medical
attention while at the event
How do we use your personal data?
The data we collect is shared with the organisations below by secure excel spreadsheet to enable us
to send out your race pack, provide you with a result and other services you may have ordered, plus
to ensure your safety at the event should you require medical attention.
How is it stored and processed?
When you add your personal data to this page, it is collected and stored by Balmoral Road Races Ltd
on a secure server operated by our web hosting company.
Who will it be shared with?
- Your personal data will be shared to allow the race timing contractor to allocate results to
runners based on position, time and age / gender.
- To provide ItaB, the company that attach engraved race times to the back of peoples
medals (if they request) with addresses so they can post out the ItaB after the event.
- To give the medical team the details they need in case of an emergency of the day involving
one of the runners.
- To allow the race photo provider to offer photographs to the runners after the event. E-mail
address, race result and name.
How do we protect your personal data?
When Balmoral Road Races Ltd engages third parties to process personal data on our behalf, as is
the case for this data, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of
confidentiality, and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to
ensure the security of data in line with the relevant legislation.
How long do we keep it?
What are my rights?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- ask us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- ask us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer
necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the
legal ground for processing
Contact information and further advice
Balmoral Road Races Ltd is the registered Data Controller for the RunBalmoral event. If you wish to
contact the Data Controller or have any queries about how we process your personal data, please
email Garry Marsden at email@example.com
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioners Office is
an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can be contacted through
their website: www.ico.org.uk or their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF