RunBalmoral 2017 Young People’s Sports Bursary - 3 November 2016
RunBalmoral 2017 Young People’s Sports Bursary
RunBalmoral is once again promoting an exciting initiative which aims to support opportunities for young people to adopt healthy lifestyles and to participate in sport.
This year £3,000 was distributed to 12 north-east groups and clubs who benefitted from the RunBalmoral sports bursary scheme. The success of the bursary project means it is to be repeated in 2017
Schools, clubs and other organisations within the Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire local authority areas seeking funding for projects which encourage youngsters to take part in running or other active sporting activities are eligible to apply.
The Bursary fund for 2017 will again be £3,000. Small bids allow us to support a variety of projects but in exceptional circumstances a single large award up to the maximum may be made.
Funding can be made to support the cost of transport to sports events or facilities; for hiring of specialist coaches/equipment; or for the purchase of kit/equipment; etc. Any innovative ideas will be considered. Bids could be for the total amount needed for a project to proceed or to support funding being provided from other sources. Successful bidders must demonstrate that the funding can be used within 12 months of being awarded.
RunBalmoral Chairman James Knowles said: "I am delighted that we are in a position to continue this initiative into a third year. RunBalmoral is a community event which has always attempted to promote sport in a positive way by offering races for all age groups from primary school age up to veterans in their 60's and 70's.
"The bursary award scheme has proven to be popular over the past two years and we were delighted to help so many different groups. I hope it proves to be equally beneficial in 2017, even in a small way, in helping more youngsters to become involved in sport, or to open up opportunities for young people which might not otherwise have been possible."
Bids should be submitted on one side of A4 and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The bids should clearly state:
- The name of the bidding organisation.
- The name of a key contact along with phone,email and postal address details.
- The amount of funding required and for what purpose.
- How the project will encourage more young people to enjoy healthy lifestyles and/or participate in sport.
- How many young people are expected to benefit from the project.
- When the money will be spent.
Bids should be submitted by midnight on 19th December 2016.
The decision on the winning bid or bids will be made by the Board of RunBalmoral and the results announced in January 2017.
All successful applicants will be expected to:-
- Provide a short report to RunBalmoral (no more than one side of A4) and, if possible, photographs, showing how the bursary was used, within one month of the money being spent.
- Acknowledge in any publicity, the support given by RunBalmoral.
The 2016 successful bids were:
- Kemnay Academy: Contribution towards the purchase of two treadmills for extra- curricular boys and girls fitness clubs.
- Kemnay Academy: Contribution towards the purchase of athletics vests for school pupils.
- Kinnellar Primary School: Contribution towards replacing PE equipment lost in a fire at New Year.
- Inchgarth Community Centre, Aberdeen: Funding for tennis coaching for 24 weeks.
- James Hubbard, Braemar: Contribution towards participation in Operation Raleigh in Costa Rica.
- Banchory Stonehaven AC: contribution towards an all-weather training facility.
- Aberdeen Amateur Athletic Club: Funding to assist women’s group to travel to events.
- Torphins Playgroup: Funding for Balance Bikes and Helmets.
- TorphinsSchool Parent Council: Contribution towards purchase of playground equipment.
- Braehead School, Aberdeen: Funding for children to undertake outdoor/ wilderness challenges at Adventure Aberdeen.
- Dunnottar Primary School, Stonehaven: Funding for purchase of athletics equipment and Hi-Viz vests.
- Crathie School: contribution towards funding a P.E. post for under-5’s for one year